The Instagram account Preachersnsneakers has been on a roll lately, showcasing the excesses of celebrity Christian pastors by identifying the clothing they’re wearing on stage and trying to figure out how much they retail for.
It’s a great shrine to the love of filthy lucre, as where else can you see Ed Young Jr. wearing a $955 Gucci belt, T.D. Jakes wearing $4,000 Nike shoes, Judah Smith wearing a $3,600 jacket, or Steven Furtick wearing a $500 green sweatshirt that is ugly as all get-out?
Given that Furtick is so extensively featured, we wanted to post a few of his recent clothing choices to share with the world the stylish lifestyles of the pastoral rich and famous. While saying that his entire wardrobe costs more a home is probably hyperbole, it’s safe to say the typical outfit costs more than average congregants mortgage, with nary a Fruit of the Loom t-shirt anywhere to be seen gracing the fashionista.
Here is a brief list of some of the things Furtick is featured as wearing with some of the pictures shown below. Given that this is just a small sample, and Furtick rarely wears the same outfit twice for service, it’s safe to say there’s a lot more where this came from.
- 4-Bar Solid RWB Stripe Shirt $450
- Farfetch Offwhite Diagonal Arrows Sweatshirt $500
- Kingsnake Print GG Supreme Baseball hat $390
- Offwhite distressed bleach denim Jacket $750
- Jordan 1 Shattered Backboard Shoes $965$
- Saint Laurent men’s brown Boots $1,145
- Jordan 6 Retro Shoes $300
- Air Presto Off White White Shoes $637
- Nike Air Fear of God 1 Triple Black Shoes $610
- Nike Dunk Low Off-White Pine Green Shoes $510
- Nike Air Fear Of God 1 Oatmeal Shoes $390$
- Saint Laurent mens SL10H lace up leather high Top Sneakers $575
It’s not just Furtick that is rocking the prices clothes, even some of the worship team members at Elevation are kicking it on stage with $850 Yeezy’s .
Of course, his decision to spend hundreds of dollars on individual belts, hats and sweatshirts is between him and God. We just sort of have an idea of what the Lord might say about that.