Lifeway Christian Resources, the heresy-peddling online retail outlet and research entity of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), happily reported this week that American Christians consider “racial justice” more important politically important than abortion when going to the polls. This, of course, exactly what the newly left-of-center SBC wants.
The Lifeway Report said that 52% of evangelicals say they would only vote for a pro-life candidate. However, a whopping 64% said that they would only vote for a candidate who supports “racial justice.”
The poll also said that evangelicals want its politicians to “play nice,” which was a tacit condemnation of President Trump, who is known for his rough-and-tumble politics. Unsurprisingly, the propagandic poll was sponsored by the ultra-leftwing Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, which is run by former Democratic staffer, Russell Moore.
In the last several years, at least five of the SBC’s six seminaries, the International Mission Board (IMB), North American Mission Board (NAMB), the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC) and Executive Committee have all been overtaken by the progressive Social Justice Movement. The SBC is quickly becoming as progressive as it was before the famous Conservative Resurgence in the 1980s when conservatives kicked out liberals. But now, supposed conservatives in the SBC have adopted the political progressivism of the liberals they once tossed.
As publisher of Pulpit & Pen, I would like to make a few observations about this poll that I will follow up on in a later podcast:
- The poll makes no attempt to explain what “racial justice” is to those surveyed. I’m positive they did not explain the term or its loaded implications. Who can be against “racial justice”?
- The poll makes no attempt to distinguish between evangelicals who regularly attend church and those who don’t. The poll is intentionally imbalanced by not distinguishing between actual evangelicals and Pete Buttigieg-type evangelicals.
- The poll’s attempt, as sponsored by Lifeway, was to direct D.C. political thinktanks to steer Republican candidates to the left and de-emphasize the abortion-fight in favor of a Jim Wallis-style political progressivism.
- The poll is a part of the ERLC’s “Gospel Above All” campaign, as Christianity Today points out, and is designed explicitly to remove Republicans as a dependable voting block from the RNC.
- The Lifeway poll makes no attempt to show its polling data method, which is common among pollsters to demonstrate their accuracy. This indicates it is not a scientific or trustworthy poll.
I plan to discuss this at further in a podcast available later this weekend. The poll is pure political propaganda done by the Democratic-wing of the Southern Baptist Convention.
[Contibuted by JD Hall]
A CALL TO ACTION
Bringing you discernment news and commentary from a biblical, polemical perspective means it is tough out there on social media. We’re constantly getting kneecapped and constrained by tech companies who find our fidelity to the scripture and pursuit of truth to be intolerable, resulting in our reach being severely throttled.
For this reason, we ask you please consider supporting us a few different ways. The first, by liking and following our new Facebook page, our home where we share new posts and interact with our members. The second, by following and retweeting our Twitter page. The third, by signing up for our newsletter below.
And last, through direct support. You can catch our free weekly episodes of the Polemics Report by subscribing at BTWN. If you like what you hear and desire to to hear more, you can get the VIP full-length version for only $5.95 per month on Patreon. Also, you get other freebies for additional monthly pledges.
Subscribe to us on Patreon here and support our ministry.
Stay informed. Subscribe Today.
When you subscribe, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to ensure that your newsletter doesn’t go into your spam folder.
Enter your email address below…