An excerpt from Conservative Review…
Yet another self-proclaimed Christian church in America is putting on its own version of “The Vagina Monologues” later this month.
What’s that you say? You haven’t heard Plymouth Congregational Church in Portsmouth, New Hampshire is the latest to join this trend? They are kicking it into hipster mode because Pastor (and I use that term loosely) Paulo Franca wants to help his flock view “women’s bodies without shame.”
Seems like God had that figured out all by Himself, when He breathed life into the female half of the species and officially proclaimed her “good.” But what does that heteronormative, patriarchal Creator of ours know? So on with the show!
I may have been overly literal, though, when I said this pagan passion play has been celebrated in other churches before. I was actually speaking the rawest and saddest of truths. For even if this specific blasphemy hasn’t run roughshod over a denomination prior, there have been countless other departures from orthodoxy over the years that have led directly to this point.
And if you’re one of these fake churches, you’ve played a vital role in doing what the Red Coats, Kaisers, Nazis, Hirohito worshippers, and Soviets could not — dimming that shining city on a hill to a mere flicker. Give yourself a hand; you’ve earned it.
The church has normalized the sort of gutter dwelling that has made the very notion of fixed norms rife for charges of bigotry from all manner of self-stylized, fake Christians.
Wait, there are other fake churches out there that believe they deserve at least some of the credit for the ditch we’re in as well? Well, as a conservative I believe in meritocracy, not participation trophies. Therefore, we need a test to see who’s truly earned their reward in full.
How do you know if you’re a Hate America Heretic? Let me count the ways:
- If you have bought into that whole “Never place a period where God has placed a comma” scam, your church has hosted the “Vagina Monologues.”
- If you belong to a church that will spend Lent praying about global warming, you have hosted the “Vagina Monologues.”
- If you belong to a church that believes the Ten Commandments on the courthouse lawn is unconstitutional, but the Rainbow flag looks awesome in your sanctuary, you have hosted the “Vagina Monologues.”
- If you have spread fears about a conservative Christian theocracy but give Islam a pass on everything, you have hosted “The Vagina Monologues.”
- If suing nuns is an acceptable cost of doing business when it comes to Obamacare, you have hosted “The Vagina Monologues.”
- If your pastor is named Joel Osteen, you have hosted “The Vagina Monologues.”
- If your sense of social justice has a big, bloody “It’s OK to kill innocent babies” asterisk, you have hosted “The Vagina Monologues.”
- If you believe the government is the primary administrator of the Gospel, you have hosted “The Vagina Monologues.”
- If you regularly take “Thou shalt not judge” out of context, yet still pepper your speech with vicious charges of fake racism and misogyny, you have hosted “The Vagina Monologues.”
- If you fight harder for the redefinition of marriage and bathrooms than you do for the First Amendment, you have hosted “The Vagina Monologues.”
And so it is that actually hosting this stupid play may be one of the least offensive and heretical acts that the various branches of the American church have committed in recent years. The church has normalized the sort of gutter dwelling that has made the very notion of fixed norms rife for charges of bigotry from all manner of self-stylized, fake Christians.
See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/02/vagina-monologues-coming-to-a-christian-church-near-you#sthash.kMYAQa9A.dpuf
A CALL TO ACTION
Bringing you discernment news and commentary from a biblical, polemical perspective means it is tough out there on social media. We’re constantly getting kneecapped and constrained by tech companies who find our fidelity to the scripture and pursuit of truth to be intolerable, resulting in our reach being severely throttled.
For this reason, we ask you please consider supporting us a few different ways. The first, by liking and following our new Facebook page, our home where we share new posts and interact with our members. The second, by following and retweeting our Twitter page. The third, by signing up for our newsletter below.
And last, through direct support. You can catch our free weekly episodes of the Polemics Report by subscribing at BTWN. If you like what you hear and desire to hear more, you can get the VIP full-length version for only $5.95 per month on Patreon. Also, you get other freebies for additional monthly pledges.
Subscribe to us on Patreon here and support our ministry.
Stay informed. Subscribe Today.
When you subscribe, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to ensure that your newsletter doesn’t go into your spam folder.
Enter your email address below…