Driscoll Publicly Repents…For Criticizing Osteen
Speaking at the Hillsong conference, Mark Driscoll repented for a number of things. Praise God. Hallelujah.
Milking the Best-Seller’s List by Improperly Using Church Funds Asking staff about their wive’s favorite sexual position Well more than a dozen counts of plagiarism Porno-graphic discerno-vision Throwing people under the Mars Hill bus
No. Driscoll didn’t repent for any of that stuff. Driscoll repented for having criticized Joel Osteen.
Yep. You read that right. Fast-forward to about 20 minutes, 40 seconds to hear it.
Driscoll used the opportunity to publicly apologize for having ever criticized Osteen, and claimed to have asked Osteen permission to send him a private letter of apology. Houston, of course agrees, and says “…at the end of the day, we’re all on the same side.”
We agree. Osteen and Driscoll and Houston are definitely on the same side.
Other highlights include:
- Comparison of Martin Luther’s 95 theses to “angry bloggers” on the Internet
- Houston calling his church “grace oriented” (as opposed to repentance-oriented?)
- Driscoll apologizing for “misconceptions” regarding his complementarianism
- Driscoll’s “Women are penis homes” comment was definitely brought up, and Driscoll says of himself that “…this was not a healthy person operating from a godly place.”
- Driscoll laments not having more women involved in ministry at Mars Hill
- Driscoll says it’s not his business to correct or critique Brian Houston
- Driscoll says he wants to come into different families of church to learn and teach
- Driscoll repeats – again – the story of God’s direct revelation and spoken word from God telling them to resign (at which point Driscoll breaks down in tears)
As Pulpit & Pen has said from the very beginning, watch Driscoll. He’s going full-bore charismatic. That’s the circle that will rehabilitate just about anybody. He knows that.
Did you ever think you’d see the day that Driscoll publicly apologized to Joel Osteen for criticizing him? He’ll be on TBN in no time. Mercy.
[Contributed by JD Hall]
[Editor’s Note: Thank you to William Throckmorton, who uploaded this audio first]
Latest posts by News Division (see all)
- SBC Brags About Increase in Female Seminary Enrollment, Touts Lifeway’s Influence - September 23, 2017
- London Church Hosts Satanic Fashion Show - September 23, 2017
- Medicine Man Jumps Into Crocodile Pile to Prove His gods Are Legit. They Weren’t. - September 22, 2017