A new Illinois law, the Illinois Reproductive Health Act (RHA), enshrines abortion as a fundamental “right” in the Illinois Constitution, gives an unborn child no protection under the law, forbids abortion documentation from being released from the public, and removes licensing and inspection requirements from facilities performing abortions.
In the State of Illinois, the right to murder your child is now as protected under the Constitution as the right to Religion or Free Speech.
Here are some of what RHA has included and removed from Illinois law:
- Enshrined abortion as a fundamental right
- Removed licensing and inspection requirements for facilities that perform abortions
- Declared that the preborn child has NO rights under Illinois law
- Removed the requirement that abortion-related deaths be investigated by a coroner Removed criminal penalties for doctors who intentionally perform an abortion on a woman who is not pregnant
- Ended reporting of abortion data to the public
- Repealed 40 years of Illinois abortion law
- Struck down a requirement in Illinois law to document a medical reason for late-term abortions performed after viability, meaning a late-term abortion can now be performed for no reason
- Ended the requirement that a second physician be present during late-term abortions; this requirement was originally mandated so that if the baby survived the second physician would be available to provide care
- Mandated that some insurance plans cover elective abortions. Ended the requirement that fetal anesthesia be offered (not even mandated) when viable, pain-capable babies are murdered
[Editor’s Note: to read more on the law firm fighting this morbid act, click here]
A CALL TO ACTION
Bringing you discernment news and commentary from a biblical, polemical perspective means it is tough out there on social media. We’re constantly getting kneecapped and constrained by tech companies who find our fidelity to the scripture and pursuit of truth to be intolerable, resulting in our reach being severely throttled.
For this reason, we ask you please consider supporting us a few different ways. The first, by liking and following our new Facebook page, our home where we share new posts and interact with our members. The second, by following and retweeting our Twitter page. The third, by signing up for our newsletter below.
And last, through direct support. You can catch our free weekly episodes of the Polemics Report by subscribing at BTWN. If you like what you hear and desire to hear more, you can get the VIP full-length version for only $5.95 per month on Patreon. Also, you get other freebies for additional monthly pledges.
Subscribe to us on Patreon here and support our ministry.
Stay informed. Subscribe Today.
When you subscribe, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to ensure that your newsletter doesn’t go into your spam folder.
Enter your email address below…