The Pen

Post-Abortion: Woman left with Depression and Mental Anguish upon Learning Womb still held Baby Parts

[Cheryl Sullenger | LifeNews] When a 21-year old Amanda Davis reported to the Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Boston, Massachusetts, on February 4, 2016, for a routine elective first trimester surgical abortion, she likely expected to receive a “safe” and easy abortion from the largest abortion business in the country.

What she got instead was a two-month long nightmare of debilitating pain and bleeding while her calls to Planned Parenthood for help were ignored and never returned, according to a lawsuit she filed against Planned Parenthood on January 14, 2019.

And that was only the beginning of the suffering she would endure.

According to Ms. Davis’ complaint, her abortion at 10 weeks of pregnancy did not go smoothly from the start.  Planned Parenthood abortionist Alice Mark, conducted the abortion with the use of ultrasound guidance after she had difficulty dilating the opening of the womb.

After the abortion, Mark supposedly conducted a “gross examination” of the removed tissues and “declared the pregnancy ‘terminated.’”

Davis was discharged without being informed that prolonged bleeding and abdominal pain/cramping were signs of “retained products of conception.”  Because of that, it never occurred to her that she might be still carrying parts of her aborted child.

If left untreated, an incomplete abortion such as the one Davis experienced can become serious, as it did in this case.

Davis was also told that Planned Parenthood would follow up with a phone call to see how she was doing within two weeks of the abortion.  Not only did no one call to follow up, but four to five calls placed to Planned Parenthood by Ms. Davis concerning complications she was experiencing were never returned.

Two weeks after her abortion, her symptoms became worse.  She began passing large blood clots, some the size of a baseball.  By week three, she had become so weak that she experienced “debilitating fatigue and fainting spells to the extent that that she confined herself to her bed.

By week four, her mother became so concerned that she had her daughter transported to a Whidden Hospital.  There, despite the physician there noting that Davis was “status post abortion at Planned Parenthood last month” and confirmed vaginal bleeding and blood clots, he never performed an ultrasound exam on her nor did he consult with an Ob/Gyn, as would have been indicated for a patient with Davis’ symptoms.  She was misdiagnosed as having “dysfunctional uterine bleeding” and told that her symptoms were likely due to a “change in hormones” after the abortion.

She was sent home where her condition continued to worsen.

[Editor’s Note: This article was written by Cheryl Sullenger and originally published at LifeNews. Title changed by P&P.]