It rains on the just and the unjust (Matthew 5:45). Air pollution, on the other hand, disproportionately affects African Americans and Latinos in California.
Even meterologial dangers have aggressive white privilege.
A group known as the Union of Concerned Scientists has now claimed that African American and Latinos breathe in up to 40% more air pollution than their white or Asian counterparts.
The reason, according to the Union of Concerned Scientists, is that air pollution seems to be worse in neighborhoods primarily habitated by minority communities. For some reason, air pollutioin wants to hang out there.
Their study alleges:
- On average, African American Californians are exposed to PM2.5 pollution that is 43 percent higher than that for white Californians.
- Latino Californians are exposed to PM2.5 pollution 39 percent higher, on average, than that for white Californians.
- The lowest-income households in the state live where PM2.5 pollution is 10 percent higher than the state average.
- The highest income households live where PM2.5 pollution is 13 percent below the state average.
- Californians living in households without a personal vehicle are also exposed to much higher levels of vehicle pollution than other households because they tend to live in urban areas surrounded by vehicle traffic.
Their solution to the race-targeted pollution is that, “State and local governments must target actions to reduce emissions in and near densely populated neighborhoods and in the communities of color and low-income communities.”
In other words, they want people in low-income neighborhoods to purchase super-expensive electric vehicles with environmentally toxic batteries. But have no fear, because their study findings suggested that the government subsidize it.
You can read the study here.
A CALL TO ACTION
Bringing you discernment news and commentary from a biblical, polemical perspective means it is tough out there on social media. We’re constantly getting kneecapped and constrained by tech companies who find our fidelity to the scripture and pursuit of truth to be intolerable, resulting in our reach being severely throttled.
For this reason, we ask you please consider supporting us a few different ways. The first, by liking and following our new Facebook page, our home where we share new posts and interact with our members. The second, by following and retweeting our Twitter page. The third, by signing up for our newsletter below.
And last, through direct support. You can catch our free weekly episodes of the Polemics Report by subscribing at BTWN. If you like what you hear and desire to to hear more, you can get the VIP full-length version for only $5.95 per month on Patreon. Also, you get other freebies for additional monthly pledges.
Subscribe to us on Patreon here and support our ministry.
Stay informed. Subscribe Today.
When you subscribe, please add email@example.com to your contacts to ensure that your newsletter doesn’t go into your spam folder.
Enter your email address below…