First, for a good update on Caner’s legal proceedings against Jonathan Autry, check out Jason Smathers’ blog, Witnesses Unto Me.
Secondly, here’s a quick snippet of Caner’s lies and vulgarity in the litigated Marines video from The Domain for Truth. If Timothy Rogers, Tim Guthrie or any other member of Connect 316 would like to insinuate this has been “doctored” to say something Caner didn’t say, please feel free to watch the video in its entirety here.
Fair Warning: By the way, because of Caner’s vulgarity, I need to rate this PG. If you struggle with vulgarity or ungodliness in your speech and conduct, this video might cause you to stumble.
Here are the lies just from this short clip:
(1) LIE: His father was not a polygamist and did not have three wives
(2) LIE: His doesn’t have half sisters in Iraq or Afghanistan learning to read
(3) LIE: He was not trained in a Madrassa
(4) LIE: His father was not a mujadeen
(5) He did not wear traditional Islamic dress
(6) LIE: He was not trained in a Madrassa in Instanbul or Kabul
(7) LIE: His mother was not an Arab addicted to the hookah as he suggests – really disrespectful to his Swedish mother
(8) LIE: He’s not quoting “Hadith volume whatever” or “Book 52” that’s not how it works – he’s making stuff up, it’s like saying, “Bible Number 102.”
(9) LIE: He did not come to the states in 1978 (as he says twice) but in 1969
(10) LIE: He did not debate an Imam at Lubbock, TX – or anywhere else, for that matter
(11) LIE: HE did not debate Michael Moore – and I doubt has ever met him
(12) LIE: He did not “get paid to debate” – he never debated a single person.
Paging Baptist Press…Paging Baptist Press…
Where’s the journalistic integrity in the SBC? Could somebody talk about this? Helloooo?
[Contributed by JD Hall]
Do You Want To STOP the Modern Day Downgrade?
Stay informed. To subscribe, simply enter your email address below.
Also, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to ensure that your newsletter doesn’t go into your spam folder.
Enter your email address below…
“Daily, the work at Pulpit & Pen is filling the void of places where 100 men once stood and that is not an exaggeration. Day in and day out, they tirelessly vet offerings and influence of ministries around the world that they may guard the little sheep from the least to the most damning of errors. This is hard, unappreciative and alienating toil...
“JD Hall and his contributors such as Seth Dunn, are almost single-handedly leading the way in a rescue attempt of conservative Evangelicalism and especially the Southern Baptist Convention.”
-Alex A. Guggenheim
Today we ask you to defend Pulpit & Pen’s independence.
We’re a non-profit that depends on donations to stay online and thriving.
Please consider making a donation of $5, $20, $50 or whatever you can to protect and sustain Pulpit & Pen.
Pulpit & Pen Founder
Click here to invest in discernment ministry.