Andy Stanley: If You Don’t Go To A Big Church, You’re Selfish and Don’t Care About Your Kids…
In a sermon on February 28, 2016, Andy Stanley told his congregation “if you don’t go to a large church, you are so stinking selfish…and don’t care about your kids.”
Nevermind if the church is doctrinally sound, nevermind if your kids hear the Gospel preached from the pulpit. They need to go to a large church so “they can make friends,” and “go off to college and make friends.” From his tirade against people who prefer smaller, more intimate congregations, it appears that he believes the primary function of the church is friend-making.
See the video below:
Keep in mind that this is the same Andy Stanley that has been invited to speak at an upcoming ERLC event for the Southern Baptist Convention.
For more on Andy Stanley, see also:
- Andy Stanley: Even if you don’t believe that Jesus is the Son of God, you will have a better life by following his teachings
- Andy Stanley Trashes Expository Preaching; Calls it “Easy” and “Cheating”
- Andy Stanley Wants You To Bake A Gay Wedding Cake
[Contributed by Jeff Maples]
Latest posts by News Division (see all)
- Martin Luther King and Robert E. Lee, and Why We Triggered You This MLK Day - January 16, 2018
- Michael Brown is Either Forgetful or a Liar: Rosebrough Pulls Brown Quotes From the Dumpster - January 16, 2018
- Celebrating the Christian Legacy of Robert E. Lee - January 15, 2018