Southern Baptist Minister Embraces Homosexuality, Calls God “Queer”
Jeff Hood, graduate of Southern Seminary and self-pronounced “Southern Baptist Pastor” recently spoke at the Cathedral of Hope and delivered this message, entitled “Embracing the Power of the Queer.”
Notable comments from Hood in this message include:
– Were Adam and Eve real people? Who gives a #@$@.
– The power of the queer is within you.
– Some people talk about reading your Bible. Sometimes I tell people, ‘you just need to read yourself.’
– Friends, you are perfect!
– Jesus was the most queer person on Earth.
– The first sin [in the Garden of Eden] was trying to be someone other than who God created you to be.
– It is OK to be queer, no matter what that means for you.
– Embrace the power of the queer to transform this church!
Hood is a graduate of Southern Seminary, Auburn University, Emory University, the University of Alabama, Creighton University (that’s a lot of learnin’) and is currently pursuing a ‘Doctorate of Ministry in Practical Theology with an emphasis in Queer Theology’ from Brite Divinity School at Texas Christian University. Hood’s bio says that his “ordination is held by the Southern Baptist Convention.” A word to the wise, the SBC does not “hold ordinations” as other denominations do, and most likely means that he was ordained in a Southern Baptist Church (which should openly rebuke him along with his ordination council).
Hood has written three books, including The Queer: An Interaction with The Gospel of John, The Queering of an American Evangelical and The Sociopathic Jesus. Although married to a woman, Hood describes himself as “a southerner, queer, and christian.”
As you can tell from this man’s clerical collar (and his entire presentation), he’s no more Baptist than chalk is cheese (to quote Dr. Spurgeon). Southern Baptist churches need to take it upon themselves to publicly rebuke those that throw themselves into apostasy. Without churches taking seriously their Biblical mandate for discipline, men like Hood and Caner (and now, Cortez) are walking around making a disgrace of the SBC by throwing our name around.
Without discipline, without speaking up, the Downgrade continues at breakneck speed.
Be sure to go here and like our Facebook page.