“Immediate Action Needed: Austin School District to Adopt Radical Planned Parenthood & Pro-LGBT Curriculum”
Thursday Texas Values tweeted an urgent need for “concerned parents and citizens to “sign up to speak and make plans to attend” the Austin AISD meeting to vehemently fight against the adoption of a “radical Planned Parenthood and pro-LGBT curriculum for grades 3-8.”
In Texas Value’s “Immediate Action Needed” tweet the organization made their appeal:
6-13-19 UPDATE: Monday, June 17, the Austin Independent School District (AISD) Board is meeting for the first time since it was announced that AISD plans to adopt a radical new Planned Parenthood and pro-LGBT sex-education curriculum for grades 3-8. We need concerned parents and citizens to sign up to speak and make plans to attend the meeting on Monday evening at 7 PM. Space is limited to speak in the public comment period, so you must sign up on Thursday, June 13 by calling 512-414-4411 at 1 PM in order to speak at the meeting during public comment on June 17.
Per the statement made by Texas Values in their urgent appeal, Austin AISD intends to:
- Promotes homosexual and transgender behavior as early as elementary school
- Promotes dangerous sexual activity among students, including anal and oral intercourse and masturbation
- Encourages “role play” scenarios where children engage in homosexual oral sex and get drunk
- Teaches children their gender is not determined by biological sex but instead is based on their feelings
- Instructs elementary teachers to avoid using the terms “mom or dad” and “male and female”
- Teaches students about “emergency contraception”
- Contradicts the religious values and behavioral expectations of many families
I urge you to join with Texas Values and contact anyone that you’re familiar with in the Austin School District to sign up and show to make their demands known…parents have the right to determine, in the public setting, the curriculum that is taught to their children.
[Contributed by Cheri Vandermillen]
Subscribe to our mailing list!
Pulpit & Pen now offers subscribers a weekly newsletter. The newsletter will contain links to all our posts delivered conveniently to your inbox. Occasionally, subscribers will receive exclusive updates not available on the website. To subscribe, simply enter your email address below.
Enter your email address below…
Also, please add email@example.com to your contacts to ensure that your newsletter doesn’t go into your spam folder. (If you don't see an email confirmation from us right away, please check your spam folder.)